About Us

3 Oaks Vineyard is located just outside of Clovis, California, and easily accessible from Hwy. 168.

We are a smaller family owned and run farm that offers sustainably grown premium wine grapes for the home winemaker, as well as the equipment and knowledge to help you in making your own wine.

If you just want to enjoy the serenity of the vineyard, we offer the perfect venue for smaller, more intimate weddings and receptions, reunions, parties or get togethers for up to 150 people.

We invite you to give us a call. Steve loves nothing more than to share his passion for growing grapes and wine making. Be warned....you may not want to leave. It truly is “An Oasis In The City”.

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

It is Cold out there.



"From the Vineyard"


It has been pretty cold out here for the last 3-4 weeks - we have not had a morning temperature above 30 with most days in the 25-27 range, and a low of 24. 
The picture shows just one of the mornings with ice on the pool. 
The cold is perfect for the vines so that they will receive adequate cooling hours to be fully "asleep" for the winter and come out in the spring with full energy. 
Because the vine roots will start growing one month before the vines, we will "fertigate" (fertilizer dissolved in the drip irrigation water) the first week of February. 

1 comments:

Hillcresthome Prims said...

I just happen to find your blog and it is COLD here too. I joined your blog, I went through all your post and I LOVE your vineyard!!!!
I love that it is a family farm and your family runs it!
We live in a small town in Mass, and when I husband retires, at 55 we are going to be building our dream home in Cosby, Tenn. We go every year , right in the smokey mountains.
Oyr oldest is 20 and he is in college and our youngest just turned 17 and he is in high schoo 11th grade!

We have looke at a lot of land because our sons want to build their homes there as well. can you tell we are country pumpkins, LOL!

That's alittle about our family been married to my BF, soul mate for 23 yrs and I feel vey blessed.
I hope you come by my blog and check out my past post and join! I love new follower's.
I can't wait for your next post!!!!! I will spread the word to my bloggin friends about your blog!
Blessings,
Tricia

Followers